Official Rules and Regulations
LOTTO 6/49 Jackpot Seats Contest Promotion
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation and Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc.
January 1, 2020 to March 4, 2020
PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY, no purchase necessary AND CHANCES OF WINNING
- The Lotto 6/49 Jackpot Seats Contest Promotion (the “Promotion”) is governed by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”), is sponsored by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (“OLG”), in partnership with Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc., a division of Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., operating as Circle K Stores (“Circle K”) and is open to residents of Ontario, who (at the time of participation): (i) are eighteen (18) years of age or older, all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion. Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OLG (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not), the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”); or an employee of an OLG operator, service provider employees that maintain lottery equipment are not eligible to participate at the Circle K location with which they are associated.. The following individuals are also ineligible to participate in this promotion: (A) employees of Circle K and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, agents, associates, dealers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies; (B) members of the immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother, spouse) of the individuals outlined in (A); or (C) any person domiciled with the individuals outlined in (A) and (B).
- This Promotion is intended to be conducted separately and with this distinct set of Rules from all other offers and promotions being administered by OLG and/or Circle K.
- In the event that a participant does not meet the eligibility requirements as set-forth herein, Circle K and OLG have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify the participant from participating in the Promotion and further will have no obligation to award any Prize (defined below in Rule 13) in relation to that participant.
- The odds of winning a Prize (defined below in Rule 13) in this Promotion are dependent on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
- This Promotion takes place online on the following Circle K website (the “Contest Website”): LOTTO 6/49 Jackpot Seats Contest(https://Lotto649contest.ca)
- There is no purchase required to participate in this Promotion. See Rules 11 to 12 below for information on participation without purchase.
The Promotion Period
- The Promotion begins on Wednesday January 1, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. ET and ends on Tuesday March 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE with Purchase
- During the Promotion Period, participants must follow the steps outlined below to earn an entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively, “Entries”) to the Promotion:
- The eligible non winning LOTTO 6/49 ticket must be from a participating Mac’s convenience store or from a participating Circle K stores in Ontario (collectively the “Participating Stores”).
- Access the Contest Website. Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Promotion via a mobile device. Participants are to contact their service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation;
- Following the instructions on the Contest Website, fill out and submit the online contest entry form, including providing your name, email address, date of birth, and the non winning ticket number from your lottery ticket.
- For Draw Tickets, ticket numbers are located in the middle of the ticket.
- Upon successfully submitting the online contest entry form, participants will receive a confirmation message and automatically be entered into the electronic draw which will be conducted in accordance with Rules 13 to 22.
- Each ticket number from a lottery ticket may be used for a maximum of one (1) Entry.
- Participants may earn a maximum of twenty (20) Entries per day. Each Entry will require a unique ticket number from a lottery ticket.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE Without Purchase (The No Purchase Entry)
- To request an Entry without purchase of a lottery ticket (each, a “No Purchase Entry” and collectively, the “No Purchase Entries”) please send your request, including the name of the Promotion, your first name, last name, date of birth, full home address (including postal code) and valid email address, and include a fifty (50) word minimum hand-written essay about what you would do if you won the lottery on a plain piece of white paper to:
OLG “LOTTO 6/49 Jackpot seats contest” c/o 612 Creative
#204 – 768 Columbia Street
New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 1B4
Upon receipt of your submission, one (1) No Purchase Entry will be entered into the electronic draw which will be conducted in accordance with Rules 13 to 22.
The maximum entries that can be earned via NPN option in accordance with rule 10 – 20 entries daily
Mail-in entry code numbers for the Grand Prize must be entered in to the ticket entry page by 11:59:59 pm on March 4, 2020 (the Contest Entry Period closing date) to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
- All requests for No Purchase Entry must be post-marked and received during the Promotion Period. All entries received after the Contest Entry Period will not be valid. Limit one (1) valid no purchase ticket code per envelope.
PRIZE AND PRIZE DRAW
- Five (5) eligible Entry will be randomly selected in the electronic draw by Circle K (305 Milner Ave, Suite 400, Toronto ON, M1B 3V4) that will take place at the end of both Promotion Periods.
The prizes available to be won (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) are as follows:
Approximate Retail Value
Two (2) tickets to the Lotto 6/49 Jackpot Seats at the Scotia Bank Arena – 40 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X2, Canada
Twelve Thousand dollars ($12,000 CDN)
January 1, 2020 – February 4, 2020
February 5, 2020, – March 4, 2020
PC5B – February 5, 2020
Friday February 7, 2020
Thursday February 13, 2020
Saturday February 22, 2020
Saturday February 29, 2020
PC6A – March 5, 2020
Thursday March 19, 2020
- Selected eligible winners do not have to be in attendance at the time of the draw to win.
- The selected eligible winners will be notified by a representative of Circle K on or before Wednesday February 5, 2020 and Thursday March 6, 2020 via the email they used to enter the Promotion (the “Notification”).
- If a selected eligible winner does not respond to Circle K’s representative in accordance with the instructions and time limit specified in the applicable Notification, then he/she may be disqualified at OLG and/or Circle K’s discretion. In any such case, Circle K and OLG reserve the right, in their sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible participant from among the remaining eligible Entries.
- In order to be confirmed as the winner of the applicable Prize, the eligible winner may be required to: (i) present valid government-issued photo identification (if any) together with an acceptable form (as determined by Circle K and OLG) of valid government-issued non-photo identification; (ii) subject to Rules 20 and 34, correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (iii) sign and return a declaration and release within the time specified.
- If an eligible winner: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (iii) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by Circle K and OLG in their discretion); and/or (iv) does not return the declaration and release within the specified time period, then he/she may be disqualified at OLG and/or Circle K’s discretion (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the prize will not be awarded to anyone.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Circle K and OLG reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- If the confirmed winner does not subsequently redeem his/her Prize in accordance with these Rules, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Circle K and OLG reserve the right, in their discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize or prizes of equal or greater retail value including, without limitation, due to the cancellation of the Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, each eligible winner acknowledges that the sole and exclusive role of MLSE and its affiliates in the Promotion is that of a Prize supplier. MLSE and its affiliates are in no way responsible for the administration of the Promotion or the selection of winners and all such responsibility rests with OLG and Circle K, as applicable.
- OLG, the AGCO, Circle K, Mac’s, Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. , and OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies and the designated vendor, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). An Entry may be rejected if, in the sole discretion of OLG, the Entry is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
- Once received by Circle K and OLG, all Entries/No Purchase Entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots will be at all times the property of Circle K and OLG and none will be returned. Entries/No Purchase Entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots which have been obtained or made through fraudulent means or which are illegible, altered, reproduced, damaged, or irregular (all as determined by OLG in its sole discretion), are subject to disqualification. The Released Parties will not be responsible for Entries/No Purchase Entries, coupons/vouchers/ballots which are lost, destroyed, misdirected, or delayed for any reason whatsoever, any incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry/No Purchase Entry or other information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, visual or printing errors, or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by OLG in its sole discretion) to allow for a continuation of the Promotion, OLG and Circle K may, at their sole option, use a manual back up system and/or disqualify the affected participant. All decisions of OLG and Circle K with respect to this Promotion are final and binding, without right of appeal.
- If it is discovered by OLG or Circle K (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by OLG or Circle K) that anyone has attempted to use multiple names, identities, email addresses, accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Promotion, then he/she may be disqualified from the Promotion in the sole discretion of OLG.
- No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made in lieu of awarding Prizes, save for OLG and Circle K’s right, at its sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater value. Except as specifically provided herein, unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
- OLG and Circle K reserve the right to deny a participant or reject a participant once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper. OLG and Circle K will have no obligation to award any Prize to such participants.
- OLG and Circle K may, at their discretion, disqualify any participant and seek damages and/or other relief, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from all persons responsible for any attempt to tamper or interfere with or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of this Promotion.
- All participants must present valid government-issued photo identification upon request.
- OLG and Circle K reserve the right to deny an eligible participant or reject an eligible participant once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper.
- Without limiting any other Rule stated herein, in the event that a selected participant does not meet the eligibility requirements stated in these Rules, fails to meet any of the requirements outlined in these Rules, or breaches any of the warranties expressed these Rules, then OLG and/or Circle K may disqualify that participant and has no obligation to award any Prize(s) to that participant.
- A selected eligible participant will be required to sign, before receiving a Prize, a declaration and release, confirming (among other things) promotion eligibility, compliance with these Rules and releasing the Released Parties, including any management agency and any independent judging organization, from any liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or the awarding of the Prizes. A selected eligible participant hereby agrees to the use of his/her name as stated on the audio/visual release form, and address of the claimant (valid government-issued photo ID will be required).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Promotion, or awarding Prizes in the event of circumstances beyond OLG’s control, and OLG may, at its sole discretion, change or alter this Promotion (and/or amend these Rules), as OLG deems necessary in its sole discretion (including by substituting the Prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, OLG, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to delay the timing of any draw or otherwise amend the timing of any other element of this Promotion to satisfy any customer service or promotional integrity issues, and this includes the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to patrons to receive and/or submit ballots/Entries/No Purchase Entries. Upon such change, an amendment to these Rules will be issued and a participant’s continued participation (or failure to indicate a desire to withdraw from) in the Promotion shall signal that participant’s acceptance of the revised Rules.
- OLG reserves the right to change or alter this Promotion, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Rules as stated herein and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, the Rules as stated herein shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Headings in these Rules are for convenience purposes only and do not affect the interpretation of the terms contained herein.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- OLG and Circle K reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to OLG – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Promotion; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry/No Purchase Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Promotion; and/or (iii) for any other reason OLG deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of OLG or the contest administrator within the timeline specified by OLG or Circle K may result in disqualification in the discretion of OLG or Circle K.
- Any personal information provided to or collected by OLG or any 3rd party promotion administrator, including, but not limited to, participants’ contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the Promotion by OLG or through a 3rd party promotion administrator, including, but not limited to, the awarding of the Prizes and referring to such personal information in messages left for a participant; to announce a winner’s name on Circle K or OLG’s website and/or social media accounts once he/she has been confirmed as a winner; and to comply with legal requirements. For further information call OLG at 1-800-387-0098.
- BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY/NO PURCHASE ENTRY, EACH ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE ENTRY/NO PURCHASE ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF ANY ENTRY/NO PURCHASE ENTRY; (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED A WINNER, ANY PRIZES (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZES). THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY EACH ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT THE ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE PROMOTION AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZES.
- These Rules govern this Promotion and must be followed by all participants at all times. By agreeing to participate in the Promotion, all participants agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, these Rules, as amended.
- All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Time.
- This Promotion is subject to the Laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada, as applicable.
Any questions relating to this program please contact the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.